These healthy Apple and Bacon Egg Muffins are packed with all your breakfast favourites and can be prepared in a breeze. They are perfect for batch cooking and can be added to lunchboxes, or eaten for breakfast or as a snack.
How to make breakfast egg muffins?
Making breakfast egg muffins is really simple and straight forward, you will only need a few whole foods such as bacon, yoghurt, spring onions, eggs, apples, cheese (I like using Gruyere), hazelnuts, apple cider vinegar, bicarbonate of soda, salt and pepper.
Also, this recipe is not set in stone, feel free to substitute some ingredients for others to switch things up. After all, the best diet is a varied diet.
This recipe is perfect for busy people as all the prep work can be done in a blender (I use an Optimum Vac2 Air Vacuum Blender), but don’t worry if you don’t have a blender, you can also chop and mix everything the traditional way.
First, grease the muffin tins with butter, then place the bacon across the bottom and around the sides to form a cup.
Then add all the remaining ingredients to a blender and mix until everything is well combined. Now, carefully pour the mixture into the muffin tins and bake it for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Let the egg muffins cool for about 10 minutes in the tins, this way they will be much easier to remove.
If you are always short on time in the morning make sure to check out my other breakfast recipes that can be prepared in advance!
How long can I keep egg muffins in the fridge?
You can prepare egg muffins in batches and they will last up to a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Do egg muffins freeze well?
You can freeze egg muffins for up to three months.
Can I eat egg muffins cold?
Yes, you can eat egg muffins hot or cold.
How do I reheat egg muffins?
You can easily reheat them in the microwave or the oven.
Are you concerned about eating too many eggs? Check out my article about “Can Diet Affect Cholesterol Levels and Inflammation?”
Like it? Pin it!
What is your favourite breakfast that can be prepared in advance? I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Apple and Bacon Egg Muffins
- butter to grease the muffin tins
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2 ounces cheese cut in chunks, I use Gruyere
- 3 spring onions cut in chunks
- 12 ounces apples quartered and pitted
- 7 eggs
- 5 ounces natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Grease 12 muffin tins with butter and place the bacon across the bottom and around the sides of the muffin tins.
- Place the hazelnuts into a blender and blend on high speed for about 10 seconds.
- Add the cheese and briefly blitz until it turns crumbly. Now add the remaining ingredients and blend on medium speed until the mixture is well combined.
- Fill the egg mixture into the bacon-lined muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden-brown. Let them cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the tin, serve warm or cold.