Vegan Mini Cauliflower Pizzas
Vegan Mini Cauliflower Pizzas are a great option for a low-carb side dish, a healthy snack or delicious lunch.They are easy to make and gluten-free. I am always looking for ways to sneak as many vegetables as possible into my diet and these Vegan Mini Cauliflower Pizzas are just perfect for this purpose. Even into my breakfast, I incorporate vegetables, check out my Chocolate Zoats recipe, it might sound weird but trust me, it’s delicious!
For the last couple of months, I have been burning the candle at both ends and I am looking forward to things quieting down by the end of next month. I am absolutely excited about becoming a fully qualified Nutrition and Health Coach and helping people to improve their health and wellbeing by making the right food and lifestyle choices. The last year has been an incredible journey of learning and personal growth and I am grateful for everyone who has been with me on this journey.
Sometimes, we get so caught up in our busy lives that we forget to look after ourselves. These are the times where healthy food and going for a relaxing walk actually matter the most. The more stress we suffer the more nutrient depleted our body becomes, make sure to support it with lots of vegetables like in this Courgette, Avocado & Strawberry Salad or this immune boosting Beef Bone Broth
Benefits of Cauliflower
Let me tell you a little bit more about cauliflower and why you should be eating more of it:
- Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, containing some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need.
- It contains a high amount of fibre, which is important for digestive health and may reduce the risk of several chronic diseases.
- Cauliflower provides a significant amount of antioxidants, which are beneficial for reducing inflammation and protecting against several chronic diseases.
- It is low in calories but high in fibre and water, these are all properties that may assist in weight loss.
- Cauliflower can replace grains and legumes in many recipes, which is a great way to eat more veggies or follow a low-carb diet.
- There are many ways to add cauliflower to your diet. It can be consumed cooked or raw and makes a fantastic addition to just about any dish.
The nice folks at Violife send me some Vegan Organic Pizza Cheese to try it out, I am always very cautious when it comes to these kinds of substitutes because they can be laden with chemicals. I really liked the fact that this vegan cheese is organic which is really important to me. Have you tried cooking with vegan cheese or even made your own? Please share your experience, I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Sign up to my Newsletter to get healthy recipes and my eBook “10 Easy Dessert Recipes ” for FREE.
Like it? Pin it!
- 2 tablespoons chia or flax seeds, ground
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 4 cups shredded)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups organic vegan pizza cheese (I used Violife)
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup passata
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon basil, dried
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ cup organic vegan pizza cheese, grated (I used Violife)
- 12 tomatoes, sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- In a small glass, mix the ground flax or chia seeds with water and let sit for about 10 minutes to make a "Chia egg".
- Roughly chop your cauliflower, place it into a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Cook your shredded cauliflower in the microwave for 8 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Now, place it onto a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out all the excess liquid. You can skip this step but your crust might turn out slightly soggy.
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C.
- Add the chia or flax egg, 2 cups grated organic vegan cheese, oregano, basil and garlic and stir to combine.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets and divide mixture into 12 balls. Place the balls on the sheets and pat each into a thin round about 4 inches wide. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown (the edges might be charred; this is okay).
- Remove the sheets from the oven and preheat the grill.
- Meantime, mix together all the ingredients for the pizza sauce.
- Spread a thin even layer of pizza sauce across the vegan mini cauliflower pizzas and sprinkle with grated vegan cheese. Top with cherry tomato slices or any topping you like and place the mini cauliflower pizza crusts under the grill for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves.