Courgette, Avocado And Strawberry Salad
Courgette, avocado and strawberry salad and the purchase of a spiralizer have quickly changed my view on salads.
Unfortunately, I have to admit that I am not a big fan of salads, I do like them as a side dish but as a main, I always felt like something was missing. Therefore, I usually over-ate on the bread or whatever was served along with it.
Without a doubt, there are loads of tasty salad recipes out there but personally, I still prefer my veggies.
Why I love my spiralizer
When Mr. Healthy Tart got me a spiralizer for my birthday I was over the moon. Finally, I had found an easy way to turn my veggies into a salad.
Even though they are technically still veggies I feel like I gained access to a completely different world. For ages, I had been saying that I don’t need a spiralizer that I could grate everything just as easily, but well, very soon I’d proved myself wrong. It is so much more fun and you don’t risk ruining your nail polish or loosing your fingertips on a traditional grater.
Furthermore, those salads look very appealing and are real conversation starters. Everyone seems to be smitten with those pretty vegetable noodles.
Try Something new
Why don’t you surprise your friends with potato chip spirals on a skewer or serve vegetable pasta?
I guess there are many more spiralized recipes to come 😉
As the result, this particular salad with its mix of sweet and sour flavours has quickly turned into my summer favourite.
Let me know how you like it in the comments, feel free to ask any questions!
To receive FREE, healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox sign up to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
- 1 courgette
- 200g hulled and chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 very ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 30 g red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup to keep it vegan
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Place the courgette into your spiralizer and cut it into medium thick noodles.
- In a large bowl, combine courgette noodles, hulled and chopped strawberries, diced avocado, chopped coriander, jalapeño, and red onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey or maple syrup, lime juice and season it with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss with the courgette mixture to combine.