Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe (Vegan)
Chocolate mug cakes are the perfect treat when you get hit by an instant chocolate craving.
Creating recipes that can be enjoyed by people with special dietary requirements has always been important to me,
therefore I came up with this vegan, gluten-free and refined-sugar-free (if you omit the icing sugar) version.
The quest for the perfect chocolate mug cake
Mug cakes have been around for quite a while and certainly not all of them are enjoyable or healthy but every now and then I really fancy one.Over the course of intensive testing, I have come across a lot of spongy and dry mug cakes until I finally found the perfect composition.
The secret is to set your microwave to 600 Watt and not to overbake them. If you follow the recipe you will be rewarded with mouthwateringly fluffy and moist chocolate mug cakes. In my opinion, being convenient and easy to whip up qualifies them as the perfect finish for a light lunch or dinner.
Alternatively, you could try my popular Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie or simply keep a batch of these delicious Healthy Cookie Dough Balls in your fridge at all times. Sunday afternoons, I love nothing more than getting comfy with a good book, my chocolate mug cake and just relax on our ginormous Buddha bag.
What unhealthy treat do you miss the most? Let me know, I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Like it? Pin it!
Chocolate Mug Cake ( Vegan)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten-free
- 1/4 cup oil I like using melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- icing sugar or coconut flour, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl or shaker and mix until well combined.
- Fill the mixture into two microwave-safe mugs (225ml) and microwave them for 5 min at 600 Watt. ( don't overbake, try to keep them nice and moist)
- Let cool for 2 minutes and dust with icing sugar or coconut flour.