How to make Melon and Lime Sorbet
This healthy and delicious Melon And Lime Sorbet is the perfect summer dessert. It uses only 3 simple ingredients and is very easy to make.
Summer is upon us, as soon as the temperature rises I start thinking about guilt-free summer treats. As much as I like chocolate, during the summer month I much prefer fruity flavours. Besides being easy to make, Melon and Lime Sorbet is the perfect summer treat because it can be enjoyed by almost everybody. Sorbets are usually dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan-friendly but this one is also refined sugar-free.
Are you sold yet or do I still need to tell you about the refreshing, yet slightly sweet flavour that will be tingling your tongue? I knew I would get you with that.
For those who like to approach things a little more rational let me throw in some nutritional facts as well. But let’s be honest who can think rationally when we are talking about desserts?
Fortunately, in this case, it doesn’t have to be one way or the other, I think I can get away with calling this Melon and Lime Sorbet quite healthy.
If you are a big lover of healthy ice creams like me you should also check out my Avocado Ice Cream!
Health Benefits of Galia Melon
Galia melons are high in:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
Various minerals like
They also contain significant levels of dietary fibre, including pectin and are low in calories.
Dietary fibre, particularly soluble fibre like pectin, which Galia melons are high in, may help to bulk up your stool, eliminate constipation and other gastrointestinal issues. Furthermore, soluble fibre makes you feel full, which reduces your likelihood to overeat. Therefore, it might be useful for people who are watching their weight.
Like it? Pin it!
What is your favourite summer dessert? I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Sign up to my Newsletter to get healthy recipes and my eBook “10 Easy Dessert Recipes ” for FREE.
- 1 Galia or honeydew melon
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Teaspoons maple syrup or if you aren't vegan honey works as well
- Slice up the melon and cut the slices into 1 inch-sized chunks. Fill them into a Ziplock bag and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Place the frozen melon chunks, lime juice and maple syrup into a high-power blender or food processor and blend until it turns into a slushy-like consistency.
- Fill the mixture into a loaf tin and freeze for another 1-2 hours until it sets if you prefer a slushy-like consistency you can serve it after only 30 minutes.
- Scoop and serve, enjoy.