Why I love Ginger Sesame Noodles
Recently, I have been in love with this delicious and simple Asian-style dish. The best thing about it, by being gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan it is suitable for almost everyone. If you are looking for more inspiration, another favourite of mine is this Healthy Baked Sweet And Sour Cauliflower.
Sesame and ginger work together perfectly by aiding digestion and helping boost your immune system. Personally, I also love its fresh and warming flavour. During the flu season, there is nothing better than a comforting Turmeric Ginger Tea.
Health benefits of Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds are thought to be
- A high source of Cholesterol-Lowering Phytosterols
- Protecting heart health
- Improving blood pressure
- Balancing Hormones
- Helping burn fat
- Boosting nutrient absorption and
- A good source of Vitamins and Minerals like Iron, Fibre and Magnesium.
Sesame seeds have been used in eastern, Mediterranean and African cultures, for thousands of years to flavour foods, provide essential fats and enhance skin health.
What is your favourite Asian cuisine or dish? I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
For more updates follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Like it? Pin it!
Easy Ginger Sesame Noodles
- 3 baby bok choy
- 1 spring onion
- 5 oz whole wheat noodles not gluten-free or brown rice noodles
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame seeds
Ginger Sesame Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- Wash the baby bok choy and spring onion. Chop the baby bok choy into 1/4 inch wide strips and cut the spring onion into thin slices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the ginger sesame sauce and set aside.
- Boil the noodles in a medium-sized pot according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a medium-sized pan over low heat and add the sauce. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in baby bok choy and spring onion and reduce the temperature to low heat.
- Drain the noodles.
- Next, add in the noodles and toss around in the pan.
- Optional: Roast the sesame seeds in a dry pan until they turn golden brown and sprinkle on top.
- Serve immediately.