Coconut Bark With Pistachios And Goji Berries
Today I would like to introduce you to the probably easiest snack recipe you will ever come across.
It only takes three ingredients to make, that’s a good start, right?
It’s getting even better, promise.
What if I told you that it doesn’t involve any other kitchen appliances than a food processor?
Pretty neat, huh? I knew that I would have your attention by now. 😉
This absolutely deliciously coconut bark was made with desiccated coconut, pistachios and goji berries only.
Being sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan our coconut bark is suitable for the majority of special dietary requirements.
It is the perfect snack for candida sufferers as the caprylic acid in the coconut supports you in fighting Candida.
Adjust the flavours to your taste by substituting the berries and pistachios with whatever nut or berries you prefer.
You can also make it a little sweeter by adding a tiny bit of stevia (Candida friendly) or 3 tbsp coconut blossom nectar.
For me, it is sweet enough the way it is, but I’m a coconut addict anyway. 😉
Check out our homemade coconut milk yoghurt recipe, if you can’t get enough of coconut as well.
Depending on where you live you might want to store the coconut bark in the refrigerator as coconut oil starts to liquefy at high temperatures.
If you are living in Ireland like me this shouldn’t be much of a problem though 😉
Let me know how you like it in the comments feel free to ask any questions!
To receive FREE, healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox sign up to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
- 7 cups desiccated coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons pistachios
- 2-3 tablespoons goji berries
- Add pistachios and goji berries into a food processor and pulse until they turn into little pieces.
- Set pistachios and berries aside and add desiccated coconut to the processor.Blend on highest speed until the desiccated coconut liquifies.( Like making nut butter)
- Add a natural sweetener to taste if desired.
- Pour the liquified coconut into a parchment paper- lined baking tray and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with nuts and berries and refrigerate for at least an hour.