No Bake Almond & Turmeric Energy Balls are real crowd pleasers and one of my go-to snacks. They contain nothing but whole foods and are suitable for vegans and coeliacs alike.
Kids love them and getting the young ones involved can be a fun activity. These energy balls are made in a breeze and can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. I always have some ready as a transportable snack for whenever hunger strikes.
Great Pre-Workout Snack
They are my favourite pre-workout snack because they give me extra energy for my workout. Usually, I would eat two of them about 30 minutes ahead of my training session.
Despite them being super tasty, I wouldn’t recommend consuming more than 2 at a time because you don’t want your body to concentrate on digestion instead of your training. If you would like to learn more about workout nutrition check out my article on The Importance Of Workout Nutrition-What To Eat And When.
No Bake Almond & Turmeric Energy Balls – Easy To Make
These energy balls are so easy to make and most likely you are going to have all the required ingredients in your pantry already. Best of all, you don’t have to bake them. It is as simple as mixing all the ingredients, shaping them into little balls and coating them with desiccated coconut.
Filled with nuts, seeds and dates, these energy balls really pack a punch! They are full of goodness and natural sugars – guaranteed to pep you up when you reach that mid-afternoon slump.
Turmeric Is Anti-Inflammatory
Turmeric is one of my favourite ingredients and I like using it in everything from my Golden Turmeric Almond Mylk, Turmeric Ginger Tea – A Natural Cold Remedy to my Best Red Lentil Dahl With Broccoli. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, therefore, you might want to avoid eating bigger amounts of it straight after training as a light inflammatory response is necessary to build new muscle.
Like it? Pin it!
What is your favourite go-to snack? Let me know, I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
For more updates follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or subscribe to my YouTube channel!
No Bake Almond & Turmeric Energy Balls
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 Medjool dates chopped and pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Add the almonds, pumpkin seeds, desiccated coconut, ground turmeric, cinnamon, sea salt and Medjool dates to a food processor or blender and pulse until they turn into a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Now, add the vanilla extract and coconut oil and pulse until well combined.
- Remove walnut-sized portions of the dough and form them into about 25 little balls.
- In a shallow dish, mix the desiccated coconut with the turmeric and roll the balls in the mixture to coat them. Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes to give them time to firm up.
Pin this recipe for later!