Healthy Rocky Road Recipe by Indy Power
This month has been a very busy and exciting one, Ebury Press kindly offered me a copy of Indy Power’s first cookbook The Little Green Spoon which I reviewed for you here.
To get a little taste of what awaits you, check out Indy’s healthy rocky road recipe below! It is a real winner.
Have a look at the entire list of my favourite cookbooks, they make great gifts for friends and family!
What is your favourite cookbook? I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Sign up to our Newsletter to get healthy recipes and my eBook “10 Easy Dessert Recipes ” for FREE.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest for more updates.
- 50 g 1¾ oz/⅓ cup hazelnuts
- 50 g 1¾ oz/⅓ cup pistachios
- 100 g 3½ oz/¾ cup pitted dates
- 185 ml 6¼ fl oz/¾ cup melted coconut oil
- 35 g 1¼ oz/⅓ cup cacao powder
- 75 g 2⅔ oz/⅔ cup Grain-Free Maple Pecan Granola (page 25)
- 35 g 1¼ oz/⅓ cup dried apricots or other dried fruit
- Little cubes of nutty, crumbly, chewy heaven. I had to get a bit creative to come up with textures that mirror traditional rocky road, and although these might not be exactly the same, they taste even better! Grain-Free Maple Pecan Granola (page25) replaces biscuits, while toasted hazelnuts and pistachios are added for crunch and dates for yummy chewiness. You can sub or add in different nuts and dried fruit if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Dry roast the hazelnuts and pistachios for about 10 minutes, until toasted and delicious. Put the dates in a bowl and pour boiling water over them, leaving them to soak for about minutes.
- Add the drained dates to your food processor with the melted coconut oil and cacao powder. Blend on high until smooth (ish!) then transfer to a bowl.
- Pour in the granola, apricots and nuts and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a 20 cm (8 in) baking tin lined with parchment paper and pop in the freezer to set. When set, chop into little squares.
- Store in the fridge.
Extracted from The Little Green Spoon by Indy Power (Ebury Press, hardback £18.99)
Photography by Martin Poole