How to make Banana Oat Pancakes?
These Banana Oat Pancakes are a healthy breakfast with five simple ingredients that taste amazing and fill you up!
Even though they melt in your mouth like little pancake clouds, they provide lots of protein, fibre and good carbs. They are a healthy start to your day at least as long as you don’t go crazy with the maple syrup, of course. Banana Oat Pancakes are gluten-free and can easily be adapted to be vegan.
If you are all about packing as many nutrients as possible into your diet you should also check out my Rye Sourdough Pancakes.
For a vegan version simply substitute the eggs for “chia eggs” (1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of water) and replace the Greek yoghurt with coconut yoghurt. The pancakes might turn out less fluffy but still taste great.
Tell me about your favourite pancake Tuesday recipe! I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Sign up to my Newsletter to get healthy recipes and my eBook “10 Easy Dessert Recipes ” for FREE.
Like it? Pin it!
- 2 eggs (chia eggs if vegan, 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 3 tablespoons water per egg and let sit for a couple of minutes until it turns gloopy. The result won't be as fluffy as the egg variant)
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt, full-fat (substitute with coconut yoghurt to keep it dairy-free or vegan)
- fresh fruit of your choice, to serve
- maple syrup, (optional)
- In two clean bowls, separate the eggs carefully so none of the yolks gets into the egg whites. With a wire whisk, beat the egg whites on high until they form soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the peeled banana, egg yolks, gluten-free oats, gluten-free baking powder and salt, blitz the mixture until smooth.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the egg whites, ⅓ at a time until it's all incorporated.
- Heat a skillet over low heat. Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture into the skillet and cook each side until golden-brown.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt, fresh fruit of your choice and drizzle a bit of maple syrup on top (optional).