Almond Butter Porridge With Roasted Bananas
What would I be without my breakfast in the morning? I wouldn’t even want to take you down that road.
My partner would certainly agree if I told you that I’m not particularly a morning person. 😉
I simply can’t seem to function without something deliciously filling in my stomach.
A nice bowl of almond butter porridge with roasted bananas helps me to get my blood sugars up and running and to stay focused until lunchtime.
As most of the time I prefer eating healthy food for breakfast, I keep alternating between Homemade Yoghurt With Seeds And Berries, different variations of porridge or a Grain Free Breakfast Granola Bar if I’m running late.
It has become my morning ritual to start my day with a quick 10 minutes meditation to give my mind and body this little extra time to wake up, followed by a tasty bowl of healthy almond butter porridge with roasted bananas.
I love that feeling of still warm, roasted bananas melting in my mouth joined by the nutty flavour of the almond butter and the crunchy roasted pecans. Hmmm, so good…..
There is no need for adding sweeteners as the roasted bananas and cinnamon do the trick.
How do you like your porridge? Let me know, I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup pecan nuts or almonds
- 1 cup oats you can choose gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 375 °F/180 °C degrees.
- Cut the bananas lengthwise in half, place them along with the pecan nuts onto a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the oats, coconut milk, filtered water, almond butter and cinnamon in a small pot and let simmer on low heat for about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Fill the porridge into bowls and garnish with the roasted bananas and pecans.
Serve while hot. Enjoy.