Best Healthy Chocolate Brownie Ever
These chocolate brownies are so quick and easy to make that a child could do it. Best of all they’re super chocolatey and rich in nutrients.
Served with my vegan Avocado Ice Cream they are the perfect decadent dessert.
Don’t eat the whole batch as soon as they’re out of the oven or they might not be that healthy for you after all!
Also, check out another favourite of mine my Chocolate Almond Butter Bars.
Do you prefer your brownies fudgy or not? Let me know, I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
The Best Healthy Chocolate Brownie Ever
- Start making a "chia egg" by blending the coconut milk and milled chia seeds together and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F/180 °C and line a 20 cm x 20 cm tin with parchment paper.
- Chop the creamed coconut block and 200 g of chocolate into big chunks but keep 25 g for later.
- Slowly melt the creamed coconut block and chocolate pieces in a small pan.
- In a big bowl, beat the eggs and coconut sugar until thoroughly combined, then add the ground almonds and baking powder.
- Finely chop up the remaining chocolate and add it to the egg mixture. Now fold in the melted chocolate and coconut mixture, chia egg and a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour the batter into the parchment paper-lined tin and bake it for 30 minutes. Make sure not to over-bake it as you want it to be chewy in the middle.
- Allow it to cool in the tin, it will turn fudgy after it has been chilled in the fridge.