Barley Grass Power Balls Recipe
These Barley Grass Power Balls are a great source of energy. We all know this energy low in the office between 2-3 pm when you are dying for something sweet like a chocolate bar or energy drink. These little guys are a much healthier choice and will give the much-desired energy boost. Personally, I also like to have one straight away after lunch as a dessert. They are just the right sweetness to perfectly satisfy your sweet tooth. Other than those sugar-laden, shop-bought granola bars, Barley Grass Power Balls are bursting with nutrients. Another very popular snack in our house is my Healthy “No-Bake” Banana Oat Bites.
Benefits of Barley Grass
Barley grass is packed with vitamins such as
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
- Vitamin K (phylloquinone)
It also contains an abundance of electrolytes such as
along with other essential minerals like
Barley grass is also a rich provider of powerful antioxidants, essential amino acids and beneficial enzymes.
I really like using it in smoothies, some people even claim that it has rejuvenating powers, ask me again in a couple of years and I’ll tell you if it’s true 😉
Back to these little power balls, store them in an airtight container in the fridge and consume them within a week.
Even though mine never lasts that long, because I’m struggling to eat only one at a time. Usually, I prepare a batch of them at the beginning of each week, which keeps me sorted.
What is your favourite healthy snack? Let me know, I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Barley Grass Power Balls
- Throw all ingredients into a blender and mix until it starts to form a dough. If you don't have a blender, simply mix it with a fork.
- Take approximately a teaspoon full of dough between your palms and roll it into a little ball.
- Store the Barley Grass Power Balls in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy one whenever you fancy a healthy, little snack.