Raspberry Power Balls Recipe
Looking for a healthy snack for yourself and the kids ? Stop looking.
These little Raspberry Power Balls will cause a real flavour explosion in your mouth.
Containing no refined sugar, they are the a perfect little treat for the kiddos.
Kids don’t just love eating them, they also enjoy making them, getting all excited whenever they can help mommy in the kitchen.
A slightly gooey consistency makes it easy for them to roll the dough into little balls, without causing a big mess in the kitchen.
We enjoy making them any given afternoon, because it just takes minutes to do.
Throw all the ingredients into a food processor, blitz until thoroughly combined and roll them into little balls. It’s as simple as that.
Without containing any actual chocolate, the carob powder gives it that rich, chocolaty flavour.
You get all the tasty benefits without any nasty side effects.
If you don’t want to spend big money on the goji berries, that’s perfectly fine, it’s more for the purpose of adding some colour, than a necessity for the flavour.
Surely your mouth is watering all ready, let’s dive straight into the recipe.
- 3 raspberry leaf teabags
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds milled
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds milled
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or hemp seed powder
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 4 tablespoons light tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
Tear the teabags open and add the raspberry tea leaves in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Take a teaspoon of dough at a time and roll it between your palms into little balls. Make sure to scrape the dough from the sides to let not go anything to waste.
- The consistency can be adjusted by either adding more tahini if the dough is too dry, or by adding more milled seeds if the dough is too gooey.
- Chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
The Raspberry Power Balls will last two weeks in the fridge, or up to 3 month in the freezer.