This Healthy Slaw recipe is a sample from Chef Adrian’s first cookbook Fakeaway which he recently released.
Fakeaway by Chef Adrian Cookbook Review
When I heard that he released his first book I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy. For those of you who don’t know Adrian, he is the star behind RTÉ Player’s online shows Fakeaway and Chef Adrian Eats Ireland. His long-awaited book Fakeaway includes over ninety drool-inducing recipes that will have you running to the kitchen instead of the takeaway. Recipes include The Spice Bag, A Cheeky Nando’s, Sloppy Joe, Smokehouse Ribs, Mojito Courgetti and Cheat’s After Eight Cheesecake.
You can read my full review of the Fakeaway cookbook here.
What are your favourite cookbooks? Let me know, I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
For more updates follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Healthy Slaw by Chef Adrian
- ½ red cabbage grated
- 2 red onions grated
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 6 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- This can be made really easy if you have a food processor with a slicing attachment. If you do, just fire the cabbage and onions through the food processor. If you don’t have a luxurious blender, then use the coarse side on a box/cheese grater and some elbow grease!
- Once all that work is done, in a large bowl mix the honey, white wine vinegar, lemon zest and juice, salt and Greek yoghurt.
- Toss in the onion and cabbage and give it a really good mix using your hands. You can serve this immediately or it will keep, covered with cling film, for 3–4 days in your fridge.