This Healthy Slaw recipe is a sample from Chef Adrian’s first cookbook Fakeaway which he recently released.
Fakeaway by Chef Adrian Cookbook Review
When I heard that he released his first book I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy. For those of you who don’t know Adrian, he is the star behind RTÉ Player’s online shows Fakeaway and Chef Adrian Eats Ireland. His long-awaited book Fakeaway includes over ninety drool-inducing recipes that will have you running to the kitchen instead of the takeaway. Recipes include The Spice Bag, A Cheeky Nando’s, Sloppy Joe, Smokehouse Ribs, Mojito Courgetti and Cheat’s After Eight Cheesecake.
You can read my full review of the Fakeaway cookbook here.
- ½ red cabbage, grated
- 2 red onions, grated
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- A good pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- This can be made really easy if you have a food processor with a slicing attachment. If you do, just fire the cabbage and onions through the food processor. If you don’t have a luxurious blender, then use the coarse side on a box/cheese grater and some elbow grease!
- Once all that work is done, in a large bowl mix the honey, white wine vinegar, lemon zest and juice, salt and Greek yoghurt.
- Toss in the onion and cabbage and give it a really good mix using your hands. You can serve this immediately or it will keep, covered with cling film, for 3–4 days in your fridge.