Almond Coconut Tart Crust Recipe
This Almond Coconut Tart Crust is my absolute favourite. I used to struggle a lot with making regular pie crusts, as they tended to fall apart but this one doesn’t.
As a person who loves baking, it has made my life so much easier, it’s simple, quick and wait for it….. it’s healthy.
Being free from dairy, gluten and sugar, it’s perfectly suitable for Candida warriors.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are a real super food. They deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories. They are high in Omega 3 fatty acids, protein and fibre.
This tart crust is an easy way to incorporate the recommended amount of 1.5 tablespoons twice a day into your diet.
I can’t recall how many fillings I have prepared for this Almond Coconut Tart Crust but it seems like the possible flavour combinations are endless.
What is your favourite kind of tart? Let me know, I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Almond Coconut Tart Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 °F/175 °C.
- Grease a 9-inch bottomless tart pan with some melted coconut oil. You can also line the bottom of the tin with unbleached parchment paper.
- Add almond flour, shredded coconut, chia seeds, stevia powder and salt to your food processor, pulse briefly until combined.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the coconut oil with the eggs, set aside.
- Pour the egg mixture into the running food processor, mix until it starts to form a dough.
- Press the dough into the pan, either use your hands or a small roller. With a fork, poke a lot of holes into the dough before you bake it for 10-12 minutes. Once the corners start to turn golden brown take it out and let cool before filling it.