Raw Vegan Bounty Cake Recipe
Coconut and chocolate are a perfect match, this Raw Vegan Bounty Cake will bring back childhood memories of the popular Bounty bars.
It is not just full of nutritional goodness it’s also vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. While it might not contain a lot of sugar it is incredibly moist and filling.
Even though this recipe was one of my very first recipes on the blog it remains one of your favourites and has been repinned hundreds of times on Pinterest. The amount of great feedback I am getting simply blows my mind.
Like it? Pin it!
Have you made raw cakes before? Please share your experience I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Raw Vegan Bounty Cake
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate raw vegan
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the hazelnuts and chopped dates into a food processor and blend briefly, the nuts should remain slightly coarse.
- Fill the mixture into an 8-inch tin and press down firmly to form the base.
- Mix the desiccated coconut, coconut milk and coconut nectar syrup in the food processor until well combined.
- Layer the coconut mixture on top of the base and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bain marie and pour it carefully over the cake.
- Refrigerate for another 30 min. Enjoy!