Raspberry Yoghurt Slices are the perfect summer dessert and are made in a breeze. They taste light, refreshing and are a fantastic addition to any lunchbox. You can eat them for breakfast, dessert or just as a snack.
These little slices of heaven have been a real lifesaver during my pregnancy. I cut them into even smaller pieces and took them wherever I went. The slightly tangy and citrusy flavour really helped combatting my nausea. While I usually reduce the sugar content a bit further in this recipe, most people prefered it with the amount of sugar noted in the recipe.
Kids love Raspberry Yoghurt Slices
Raspberry Yoghurt Slices are a big hit with kids and are easy enough to make to get the little ones involved. In an airtight container, inside the fridge, they will last a couple of days.
Make sure to also check out my Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Squares (GF)(V)
I guess I will have to come up with more child-friendly recipes in the near future. Feel free to let me know if there are any particular kind of recipes you would like to see more of.
Like it? Pin it!
What is your favourite summer dessert? I’m looking forward to reading your replies in the comments.
Raspberry Yoghurt Slices
Crumble and Base
- 1 pound Greek yoghurt regular yoghurt works as well
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 10 ounces raspberries fresh
Crumble and Base
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Slightly grease an 8x8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, rub together the coconut sugar with the lemon zest for a few minutes to release the oils.
- Add flour, rolled oats, baking powder and salt. Mix in the butter (in small flakes) and vanilla using your fingers until well combined and crumbly. Set aside about 1 cup of crumble mixture to add as a top layer.
- Firmly press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. I like using a patisserie baking mould dough roller for this, but using another sheet of baking paper and the back of a spoon will work fine too.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Greek yoghurt with sugar and cornstarch. Spread the yoghurt mixture over the base.
- Evenly spread the washed and dried raspberries on top of the yoghurt layer.
- Sprinkle the reserved cup of the crumb mixture over the raspberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely and then refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.