This easy, wintery Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Salad isn’t just tasty but also packs a nutritional punch. The creamy honey mustard dressing ads subtle sweetness and complements the flavours of the Brussels sprouts and cauliflower.
People either love or hate this vegetable but they are simple to prepare and you can enjoy them in a variety of delicious side dishes and main courses. They are cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, and collard greens. If you love them like me make sure to also check out my Easy Brussels Sprouts and Chestnut Quiche.
Benefits of Brussels sprouts
- Low in calories but high in many nutrients
- High in fibre, which can promote regularity, support digestive health and reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Eating Brussels sprouts, along with other good sources of fibre like fruits, vegetables and whole grains, can easily help you meet your fibre needs
- High in vitamin K, a nutrient important for blood clotting and bone metabolism
- The fibre and antioxidants in Brussels sprouts may help keep your blood sugar levels stable
- Good source of ALA omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce inflammation, insulin resistance, cognitive decline and blood triglycerides
- High in antioxidants and contain compounds that may help lower levels of inflammation
- High in vitamin C, an antioxidant that’s important for immune health, iron absorption, collagen production and the growth and repair of tissues.
How to make Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower salad?
A good food processor will make your life a whole lot easier, but the good old box grater will do the job just fine.
First, give the cauliflower a few pulses in your food processor or break the florets apart by hand into very small pieces.
Add the slicing disk to your food processor and watch it turn your trimmed Brussel sprouts and red apple into wonderfully even shavings/slices.
Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with dried cranberries.
How to make creamy Honey Mustard Dressing?
Simply mix together extra virgin olive oil with Greek yoghurt, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, minced garlic and some salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss just before serving.
Like it? Pin it!
What’s your favourite winter salad? I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Salad
- 1/4 head cauliflower
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 1/2 red apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Brussels Sprout and Cauliflower Salad
- Add the cauliflower into the bowl of your food processor and give it a few pulses until the florets come apart, don't overprocess, you still want some crunch to it.
- Now insert the 4mm slicing disc into your food processor or use a mandolin and thinly slice the Brussel sprouts and red apple. Transfer to a salad bowl and sprinkle with dried cranberries.
Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Whisk together all the ingredients and pour over the salad just before serving.