Cookie Dough Balls
Cookie dough balls are just fabulous, they are simple to make, adults and children love them alike and they are also a great healthy snack on-the-go.
Even though I never regret having changed to a far healthier diet I am still craving some of the naughty treats sometimes. Since I always have some of these little cookie dough balls, Barley Grass Power Balls or Raspberry Power Balls in my fridge I’ve never been tempted to reach for their sugar- and fat-loaded cousins.
Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Being full of heart-healthy unsaturated fatty acids, calcium and magnesium, cookie dough balls are not just tasty, but also good for your health when consumed in moderation.
Due to their slow energy release, they are very helpful during weight-loss. They don’t spike the blood sugar level and therefore give you the feeling of being full for longer.
Let me know how you like them in the comments, feel free to ask if you have any questions!
To receive FREE, healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox sign up to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
- 2 cups of cashew nuts (300g)
- 3-5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- 50-60 g raw cocoa nibs or dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread cashew nuts on a baking tray and roast until golden brown.
- Once the nuts have cooled add them to a food processor and mix on the highest setting until the cashew nut flour slightly starts to stick together. It should look like the very early stage of making nut butter. You don't want the nuts to release the oil because it would leave you with very sticky cookie dough balls. If it happens don't worry, simply reduce the amount of coconut oil.
- Now mix the melted coconut oil along with the brown rice syrup, the vanilla essence, coarse sea salt into the mixture and blend well.
- Carefully incorporate the raw cocoa nibs or dark chocolate with a spoon into the dough.
- Take a heaped teaspoon of dough at a time and form it into little balls and chill them in the refrigerator.
How To Make Melon And Lime Sorbet
How to make Melon and Lime Sorbet This healthy and delicious Melon And Lime Sorbet is the perfect summer ...
Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie
Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie A light, creamy, refreshing, healthy smoothie made with rhubarb and strawberr...
Best Gluten-Free Bread Recipe
Best gluten-free bread recipe This is hands down the best gluten-free bread recipe I have ever made. It i...
Zucchini Noodles With Tomato Vegetable Sauce (GF)(V)
Why I love Zucchini Noodles With Tomato Vegetable Sauce If you are looking for a healthier, grain-free al...