Blueberry Oat Breakfast Bars
These Blueberry Oat Breakfast Bars are here to switch up your morning routine but be warned they are addictive.
As much as I like my Chai Chia Pudding or Homemade Coconut Milk Yoghurt in the morning these vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free bars are definitely a keeper.
Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, they are superfood bars you can feel good about.
Due to their high-quality fibre, they will keep you full until lunchtime.
Probably, one of the most delicious ways to get plant protein, good omega’s, lots of vitamins and minerals into your body first thing in the morning or as a post-workout snack.
While a lot of the shop-bought bars contain a lot of sugar, I prefer using natural sweeteners like brown rice syrup, banana and apple sauce.
It’s noteworthy that none of these sweeteners causes blood sugar level spikes like regular sugar does, therefore you don’t need to be afraid of sugar crashes.
Natural sweeteners release their energy steadier and slower than their processed cousins, which makes them my preferred choice. Click here to check out my favourite sweeteners.
If you fall into the category of people who get easily hangry or you have a colleague who does, take a batch of Blueberry Oat Breakfast Bars to work and see the magic happen 😉
Why Homemade Is Always Better
Of course, most people are incredibly busy nowadays and it’s tempting to pick up something unhealthy and overpriced at the kiosk or the service station around the corner, but if you can spare just 15 minutes of your day, it will give you a week load of healthy snacks.
While it is much cheaper to prepare breakfast bars yourself, it is also healthier and gives you full control of the flavours and ingredients. Refrigerated they last up to a week, not that mine ever would, but theoretically, they do 😉
Please comment to let me know how you like them! Feel free to ask any questions!
To receive FREE, healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox sign up to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (or maple syrup/agave nectar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup crushed pecans (or any kind of nut)
- Preheat oven to 175 °C.
- Line a 9x9in square pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl and add brown rice syrup, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract .
- Mix well using a hand mixer .
- Add the oats, cinnamon and salt , mix until well combined. The mixture will be quite moist.
- Transfer the base layer into the square pan. Smooth it out with a spatula until nice and even. Bake for 11 minutes.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the topping until well combined. Remove the pan from oven.
- Pour topping mixture over the base and spread it out evenly.
- Press it down into the base layer with a spatula or cover it with parchment paper while you are pressing it down with your hands. If using the method with the parchment paper remove the paper before putting the tin into the oven again.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool and set before slicing the squares.
How To Make Melon And Lime Sorbet
How to make Melon and Lime Sorbet This healthy and delicious Melon And Lime Sorbet is the perfect summer ...
Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie
Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie A light, creamy, refreshing, healthy smoothie made with rhubarb and strawberr...
Best Gluten-Free Bread Recipe
Best gluten-free bread recipe This is hands down the best gluten-free bread recipe I have ever made. It i...
Zucchini Noodles With Tomato Vegetable Sauce (GF)(V)
Why I love Zucchini Noodles With Tomato Vegetable Sauce If you are looking for a healthier, grain-free al...