Avocado Lemon Sauce
Avocado lemon sauce is my favourite pasta sauce during the summer month.
The avocado gives it a lovely creamy texture which gets complimented by the lemon’s refreshing zing.
To keep it dairy-free I used soy cream, but it also works well with coconut milk or regular cream if you aren’t concerned about keeping it dairy-free.
Most people are surprised by the choice of ingredients for a pasta sauce, but so far even the most sceptical people have been convinced by its amazing flavours.
Behind the scenes
Unfortunately, I have to admit that I slightly messed up making the sauce, this time.
Usually, it is a bit greener which is lovely but while I was wondering why it was looking differently, I realised that I had only added 1/2 an avocado instead of the entire one, oops. 🙂
Hopefully, you will let me get away with the excuse that I was distracted by producing my first ever cooking video at the same time. Never had I thought how much time and preparation work goes into those short recipe videos you see all over Facebook and YouTube.
Nevertheless, I am a big fan of them and really enjoyed making it. I will spare you the behind the scene shots as it turned my kitchen into a huge mess 🙂
Still, I would like to give you the opportunity to watch me cooking.and would highly appreciate if you shared your thoughts about the video with me. If there is enough interest I will try to add a video to all my future recipes 🙂
Let me know how you like it in the comments, feel free to ask if you have any questions!
To receive FREE, healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox sign up to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 80 g Pancetta
- 20 g oil
- 20 g flour
- 250 g water
- 100 g soy cream or other non-dairy cream
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 25 g lemon juice (approx. juice of one lemon)
- 1 ripe avocado
- pinch of pepper
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- a bundle of fresh chives or 3 tablespoons of dried chives
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan, add the onions and garlic and sweat them for about a minute.
- Add the Pancetta and sweat for further 3 minutes.
- Stir the flour into the mix.
- Once the flour is absorbed, add the water, soy-cream, vegetable stock cube, salt and lemon juice and let simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Peel and mash the avocado and add it along with the pepper.
- Blend everything thoroughly with an immersion blender.
- Finally, add the cherry tomatoes and chives and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂
How To Make Melon And Lime Sorbet
How to make Melon and Lime Sorbet This healthy and delicious Melon And Lime Sorbet is the perfect summer ...
Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie
Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie A light, creamy, refreshing, healthy smoothie made with rhubarb and strawberr...
Best Gluten-Free Bread Recipe
Best gluten-free bread recipe This is hands down the best gluten-free bread recipe I have ever made. It i...
Zucchini Noodles With Tomato Vegetable Sauce (GF)(V)
Why I love Zucchini Noodles With Tomato Vegetable Sauce If you are looking for a healthier, grain-free al...